VibroFiltr soundproofing damping mats eliminate noise and resonance created by car body elements. It uses mass loading to lower panel resonance and absorb structural vibrations, converting them into low level heat. VibroFiltr damping mats are flexible, self-adhesive, composed of butyl rubber and aluminum foil. In addition, the professional material helps to insulate your vehicle and reduce outside noise. In the end, all of these key characteristics combine together to dramatically improve the sound of your car interior.
The 1.5mm thickness damping mats can be used on any of the body parts of the vehicle but most suited for roof, doors and boot. For best results, the material must be installed on a vehicle’s internal metal panels. Just measure, cut and apply to the surface. In order to maximize the use of VibroFiltr damping properties, the mat must be firmly pressed during assembly (e.g. by means of a roller), so that it adheres perfectly without creating a space with air bubbles.
During the entire silencing of the vehicle, three different type of materials can be applied. The products can be layered, where each one has different properties and operates in different frequency ranges.
Highest quality soundproofing can be achieved by combining the following:
1. Aluminum – butyl damping mats:
Firstly, this product is applied to the vehicle’s metal body elements. The mats dampen the vibrations and low frequency noise created by these parts.
2. Foam insulation barriers like rubber or polyethylene foam:
Secondly, foam is placed on top of the damping mats. It helps to block the passage of medium and high frequency road noise inside the vehicle.
3. Soft materials like acoustic foam:
Lastly, acoustic foam is added. It absorbs sound and resonances created by plastic upholstery elements.
All of the materials listed above can be purchased on our website. If you have any questions regarding the combination of products do not hesitate to contact us.
- USE: self-adhesive mat for damping vibrations, noise and acoustic resonances
- SHEET THICKNESS: 1.5 mm +/- 0.1 mm
- THICKNESS OF ALUMINUM FOIL: 0.1 mm (100 μm)
- SHEET DIMENSIONS: 0.50 x 0.35m | 0.50m x 0.70m
- SURFACE AREA PER SHEET: 0.175 sq.m | 0.35 sq.m
- WEIGHT PER SHEET: 0.49kg (2.77kg/sq.m) | 0.98kg (2.77kg/sq.m)
- MECHANICAL LOSS COEFFICIENT (MLF): 0.25 – vibration suppression efficiency (more = better)
- RECOMMENDED INSTALLATION TEMPERATURE: above + 18ºC
- TEMPERATURE RANGE OF USE AND OPERATION: -50ºC to + 160ºC
- STRENGTH OF MATERIAL BINDING TO THE SURFACE OF THE METAL: not less than 6N/sq.cm
- ADHESION: maximum adhesion of the viscous butyl polymer to the substrate achieved in 12 hours after sticking (depending on the temperature)
- OTHER PROPERTIES: self-vulcanizing product with anti-corrosion and sealing properties, waterproof, does not contain bitumen additives (without tar and asphalt), non-toxic, non-staining, does not emit unpleasant odors, can be used in the automotive industry and indoors