Flex rubber foam is a water resistant, moister proof, fire retardant, extremely sticky, lightweight foam mat used for thermal and acoustic isolation inside your car, van camper van or other machinery. Can be used as noise barrier, insulation, vapor barrier.
Where to apply the product:
- Under the bonnet
- Door panels
- Wheel arches
The foam is self-adhesive. To apply, thoroughly clean the area, cut mat to size and firmly press down the material on the prepared surface.
- BASE MATERIAL: foamed synthetic rubber and closed cells of various sizes
- THICKNESS: 3mm | 6mm |10mm
- SIZE: 1m (39.37″x39.37″) wide
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE: -40ºC to + 85ºC
- WEIGHT: 0.25kg/sq.m
- COLOUR: black
- PROPERTIES: waterproof, oil-resistant, non-toxic, odorless, does not absorb moisture, does not decompose under the influence of weather conditions
During the entire silencing of the vehicle, three different type of materials can be applied. The products can be layered, where each one has different properties and operates in different frequency ranges.
Highest quality soundproofing can be achieved by combining the following:
1. Aluminum – butyl damping mats:
Firstly, this product is applied to the vehicle’s metal body elements. The mats dampen the vibrations and low frequency noise created by these parts.
2. Foam insulation barriers like rubber or polyethylene foam:
Secondly, foam is placed on top of the damping mats. It helps to block the passage of medium and high frequency road noise inside the vehicle.
3. Soft materials like acoustic foam:
Lastly, acoustic foam is added. It absorbs sound and resonances created by plastic upholstery elements.
All of the materials listed above can be purchased on our website. If you have any questions regarding the combination of products do not hesitate to contact us.