Acoustic foam is a lightweight, flexible soundproofing material. It eliminates disturbances such as echo and absorbs high frequency road noise in your car, van or truck. .
Where to apply the product:
- Roof and other dry parts of your vehicle
- Sound studios
- Behind speakers or inside bass enclosures
- Not recommended for door panels, floor or areas that are subject to moisture
The foam is self-adhesive. To apply, thoroughly clean the area, cut mat to size and firmly press down the material on the prepared surface.
During the entire silencing of the vehicle, three different type of materials can be applied. The products can be layered, where each one has different properties and as a result, operates in different frequency ranges.
Highest quality soundproofing can be achieved by combining the following:
1. Aluminum – butyl damping mats:
Firstly, this product is applied to the vehicle’s metal body elements. The mats dampen the vibrations and low frequency noise created by these parts.
2. Foam insulation barriers like rubber or polyethylene foam:
Secondly, foam is placed on top of the damping mats. It helps to block the passage of medium and high frequency road noise inside the vehicle.
3. Soft materials like acoustic foam:
Lastly, acoustic foam is added. It absorbs sound and resonances created by plastic upholstery elements.
All of the materials listed above can be purchased on our website. If you have any questions regarding the combination of products do not hesitate to contact us.
- SIZE: 0.50 x 0.50m (19.68” x 19.68”)
- COVER AREA: 0.25 sq.m (2.69 sq.ft)
- THICKNESS: wave 5/15mm (lowest/highest point)
- WEIGHT: 0.12kg/sheet (0.48kg/sq.m)
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE: -40ºC to + 90ºC
- SOUND ABSORPTION LEVEL: frequency range between 1200 and10’000 Hz (absorbs up to 80%)